Skilled Nursing and Long Term Care
Nursing Care Delivered with Skill and Compassion.
*Please note that at this time we are not scheduling any tours of the Health Center or accepting any outside admissions because our waiting lists have become so extensive, and we do not want to give a false impression of potential availability in the near term.
Woodland Pond provides nursing care that combines compassion with advanced nursing competency to meet the needs of individuals and those who love them. Our skilled nursing services in New Paltz provide a complete spectrum of non-acute, 24/7 skilled nursing care. Individualized programs and services promote healing, comfort, security and independence in a high-quality, compassionate environment. Each resident’s quality of life and potential is maximized with stimulating private and community programs designed to provide meaning and purpose to each day.
All our skilled nursing rooms are private and are designed to feel like home. Whether the need is for short-term care while recovering from surgery or illness or ongoing long-term nursing care, support is customized for individual needs and preferences and is delivered around the clock by trained, highly qualified professionals.
Skilled nursing residents have access to a wonderful dining room, multiple activity spaces, a full calendar of special events, and cozy visiting spaces for connecting with friends and family.
Knowledgeable and caring providers will provide medical, supportive and comprehensive services to meet the needs of all residents, including those in the LGBTQ community.
Click here to learn more about the NY Safety Plan.
Maximum rates for residents in SNF: $503/day
- Ancillary costs may be incurred for salon services, co-payments, pharmaceuticals, durable medical equipment, laboratory services, radiology services, therapy services, private duty nursing, and certain other services not included in the daily SNF rate.
Woodland Pond, Inc. d/b/a Woodland at New Paltz, a New York not-for-profit, owns and operates a Continuing Care Retirement Community, authorized and licensed pursuant to Article 46 of the New York Public Health Law. Woodland Pond is a standalone, single entity with no stockholders, governed by a Board of Directors.
Woodland Pond at New Paltz contracts with a number of contractors for dining services, purchase of resident disposable and durable goods, life safety services, utilities, grounds and snow removal, agency staffing, laboratory services, diagnostic radiology services, and more. Limited dollars received by Medicare and Medicaid are used to pay the vendors for these services. For more information, please contact the Woodland Pond Director of Finance at 845-256-5511).
Our skilled nursing services were awarded a Four-Star Quality rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Skilled Nursing Care Services and Amenities
- Private room with half-bath & flat screen TV
- On-site dental services
- Meals prepared by Culinary Institute of America-trained executive chef
- On-site laboratory services
- 24/7 skilled nursing care
- On-site imaging services
- Individualized skilled care plans focusing on health and wellness
- Personal emergency response system
- Personal laundry, linen and daily housekeeping service
- Social work, psychology and psychiatry services
- Social and recreational programs
- Palliative care
- Private physician services/consultations
- Respite services
- Medical management, assistance with personal care and daily tasks
- Rehabilitation services including physical and occupational therapy and speech language pathology
- 24/7 security
- LGBTQ mental health services may be provided in conjunction with the Hudson Valley LGBTQ Community Center and who will accept Woodland Pond residents. Woodland Pond is also able to provide ongoing HIV care, hormonal therapy, continuation of hormones through maintenance and monitoring, and gender reassignment surgery after care.