The Lifecare Advantage at Woodland Pond.
Lifecare is care for life. It’s a contract offered by some — but not all — CCRC/Life Plan Communities. It’s considered the gold standard senior living health care contract. Lifecare assures you that if you ever need long-term care — such as assisted living, memory care or skilled nursing — you’ll receive these on-site services at about the same monthly fee you pay in independent living. You’ll always know where to find the best care, who will provide it, and how much it will cost.
Understanding the fees associated with Lifecare
When you choose Lifecare, you’ll pay a one-time Entrance Fee, a one-time Lifecare Fee and a recurring Monthly Fee, all determined by the residence style you select and whether you are single or part of a couple. With Lifecare, your Monthly Fee won’t change substantially as your health care needs change. If you need additional care and you’ve chosen the Lifecare Advantage agreement, there’s no guesswork. You can move right into the living option you need. You won’t have to leave the community to find quality care services. Your costs will remain predictable, and you’ll be paying far less for these services than you would without Lifecare.
Are these fees refundable?
Woodland Pond offers options for a 90% refundable Entrance Fee, and a 50% refundable Entrance Fee, in which 90% or 50% of the one-time Entrance Fee (based on the plan selected) will be refunded to a designee of your choice.
What does the Monthly Fee cover?
- A monthly credit for restaurant-style meals
- All utilities except for telephone, cable and internet
- Biweekly housekeeping services, weekly linen services
- Comprehensive upkeep/maintenance inside and outside your home
- Scheduled bus transportation for medical appointments, shopping and activities
- Overnight security personnel
- Access to the assistance of an assigned manager on duty 24/7
- Monitored personal emergency response system 24/7
- Daily concierge services
- Access to all recreational, educational and wellness programs and amenities
- Your equivalent of local property taxes
- With Lifecare Advantage: priority access to supported living in assisted living, with or without memory support, and skilled nursing
- Access to the highest-rated inpatient and outpatient physical, occupational, and speech therapy program in the Hudson Valley
- An amount that represents advance payment for the future cost of your care, which may be tax-deductible for you