The Benefits of Planning Early for Senior Living
For many, retirement planning begins with determining your goals and how much you’ll need to save to reach them. As retirement comes closer into view, however, thinking about more specifics, like how you’ll spend your time and where you’ll live, such as a senior living community near you, can help you better envision your retirement lifestyle and even help save you money.
What does your dream retirement look like?
Thinking about what you plan to do in retirement, even if it’s a few years away, can help you determine the best location for your lifestyle. Some questions to consider include:
– What types of activities do you plan to do? Will you be in close proximity with easy access to them?
– Do you plan to travel often? If so, how will you continue to maintain your home?
– Will you want to downsize? Would you enjoy turnkey “lock and leave” living accommodations, like a senior living community?
– Do you hope to be among a community of friends or enjoy your empty nest?
– What are your plans should you ever need future care, like assisted living or memory care? Is there a continuing care retirement community near you with multiple levels of care?
Why early planning is prudent
If the idea of nearby independent living appeals to you, planning early for your senior living move offers several benefits:
– Ensure your desired accommodation. For instance, as one of the best retirement communities in New York state, Woodland Pond’s independent living apartments and cottages are 100% occupied year after year! When new accommodation becomes available, we offer first priority to those in our Future Resident Program (waiting list). Those interested in our most popular accommodation will likely be on the waiting list for some time, which is perfect for those who’d like to plan but aren’t ready to move yet. Joining the Future Resident Program ensures you’re prepared when the time is right.
– Protect your assets: Those who choose our lifecare benefit can also lock in future healthcare costs at today’s rates — protecting your assets against market fluctuations and rising healthcare costs. Lifecare assures you that if you ever need additional care (like assisted living, memory care or skilled nursing), you’ll receive these on-site services at about the same monthly fee you pay in independent living.
– Ease the potential burden on your loved ones. By planning for your retirement living and possible future care, you can rest assured that all of your needs are well taken care of. Your loved ones will never need to worry about where you’ll live or how healthcare transitions will be handled. Give yourself the gift of peace of mind!
– Enjoy perks now. Members of our Future Resident Program enjoy full access to Woodland Pond, including all of our amenities, events and programs, on their own terms every single day! You’ll also receive 25% off dining. Why continue to pay for a gym, for instance, when you can enjoy our 24-hour fitness center, indoor heated pool, yoga classes, and so much more now? Enjoy our art studio, community gardens, woodshop, and billiards — and make new friends, too.
Independent living at Woodland Pond is designed to allow you to explore new opportunities, keep your mind sharp and your body active. Choosing a continuing care retirement community near you while you’re still in excellent health also gives you time to establish yourself in your new home. You’ll build relationships and become part of the community.
Interested in learning more about your options?
If you have questions about any aspect of life at Woodland Pond, it would be our pleasure to provide the information you need. Call us at 845-203-6732 or submit our online contact form.