Visiting During the Pandemic
Independent Living residents are able to welcome non-Woodland Pond visitors.
Safety Tips for Indoor Visits in your Woodland Pond Home.
Woodland Pond is currently offering indoor visits for Independent Living Residents.
INDEPENDENT LIVING INDOOR VISIT IN YOUR WOODLAND POND HOME
All participants in an indoor Independent Living visit under the following rules must agree to comply with all of the below requirements. These visits come with risk to our residents, staff, and the visitors, so extreme caution is advised.
1) Independent Living residents will be permitted to schedule indoor visits at their Woodland Pond homes, 7 days per week
2)All visitors will be screened upon arrival and proof of vaccination will be requested. Vaccination not required but different protocols apply to unvaccinated.
3) Resident or designee must escort the visitor to and from the Concierge upon arrival and departure; the route taken from Concierge to resident home must be the most direct available route
4) Unvaccinated visitors must stay at the resident’s Independent Living home throughout the duration of the visit; unvaccinated visitors are not to spend any time in common areas except as they travel from Concierge to resident home; unvaccinated visitors may be indoors or outdoors at resident home only
5) The visit can last as long as you’d like
6) Visitors and residents may be unmasked in the resident home, though we STRONGLY recommend you all stay masked unless eating or drinking; when unmasked you should stay 6 feet apart at a minimum. ^Masks strictly required when in common areas.
7) You may eat, drink, hug, play cards or games
8) Frequent hand washing is crucial throughout the visit. We ask that each visitor stop at the public restroom off the lobby to wash their hands before proceeding to the visit.
9) Following the visit:
- Resident is asked to avoid close contact with neighbors and staff for 14 days (note: this is not a full quarantine, but this does mean to be mindful of your actions and activity and avoid any unnecessary contact). Masks must be worn at all times, and safe distance maintained.
- Resident is asked to maintain a comprehensive Contact Tracing Log (available at Concierge) for the 14 days following the visit
- Resident is to monitor signs and symptoms of illness for 14 days, including taking their temperature 2x per day. Any sign or symptom of illness should be reported to Mary Jo Murray (WP Wellness RN), or in her absence, the Concierge.
- Visitor is to monitor signs and symptoms of illness for 14 days, including taking their temperature 2x per day. Any sign or symptom of illness should be reported to Mary Jo Murray (WP Wellness RN), or in her absence, the Concierge.