Woodland Pond’s Preparedness and Response to Coronavirus – Covid-19
Senior Living Community’s Response to COVID-19
The spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) both in the United States and overseas has everyone deeply concerned. Please know that Woodland Pond’s top priority is protecting the health and well-being of all residents and employees, and we are taking appropriate measures everyday to do so.
Our Leadership Team is diligently monitoring updates by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH), the Ulster County Department of Health, and following their recommended guidelines.
As a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), providing care for over 350 seniors, including many that are high-risk for respiratory illnesses, we already have in place robust protocols to avoid flu and other illnesses. Our commitment to following the best practices and protocols have led us to be successful in having an excellent track record over the years with flu prevention, and we are proud to say that we currently have zero cases of the flu or COVID-19.
With the outbreak of COVID-19, we have drastically increased our protocols and implemented more procedures specific to this virus. These measures include:
- As of March 8, 2020 in accordance with instruction from NYS Department of Health, we suspended all visitation of any kind in our Health Center.
- As of March 11, 2020, we suspended all visitation on any level of care, including Independent Living as a further precaution.
- We have staff available to assist residents with Skype and Facetime calls with family and friends.
- We are screening all staff members upon arrival every day before their scheduled shift. Any symptomatic staff members will be sent home to follow up with their primary care provider.
- All non-essential medical appointments for Health Center residents will be rescheduled by Woodland Pond staff.
- All group trips for Independent Living residents on our vehicles, including medical appointments and grocery shopping have been canceled until further notice.
- Group fitness classes have been canceled and modified, virtual classes are offered on our Woodland Pond TV Channel 1340.
- We are asking all residents to refrain from leaving and re-entering the community, unless medically necessary, in order to reduce the risk of exposure.
- Effective March 18, 2020, all planned resident programs and activities are suspended until 3/31/20.
- We have several delivery options available for grocery and household items for residents and staff. We also have staff available at the concierges to help anyone with placing orders.
- Basic groceries such as milk, eggs, yogurt and juice are available to purchase Woodland Pond.
- A variety of Breakfast and Lunch items are available daily from 9:00am-3:00pm in the Pub.
- Our main dining room remains closed until further notice. All residents and staff are able to pre-order meals for dinner. Resident meals will be delivered to their door.
- Dedrick’s at the Pond (our onsite drugstore) remains open for over the counter medication and pharmacy pick-up and all normal items.
- All residents and staff members traveling internationally will be under a 14-day quarantine upon their return to ensure they do not have COVID-19 and to limit the risk of exposure to the rest of the community.
- We strongly encourage all staff and residents to follow CDC recommended practices to prevent the spread of COVID-19 such as social distancing, proper hand washing, covering your cough/sneeze, staying home if you are sick, avoiding close contact with others who are sick, and cleaning and disinfecting desks, computers, tables, door handles, etc.
- We have posted signs in all entryway doors to notify all of the symptoms of COVID-19 with a request that no one enters if they are experiencing these symptoms.
We want to assure you that providing a safe and healthy environment for all residents and employees is always our number one priority. It’s times like this where our community shines with all of the dedication we have for the well-being of our residents and team members.
Thank you for your confidence and support